So you have launched a website for your business; have hired SEO experts to optimize it; have also applied the e-commerce solutions – and still not getting the expected ranking in the SERP (Search Engine Result Page) and the expected traffic. Well, let me tell you the truth – in spite of applying all the methods, mentioned above, if your business is not working that good, may be you need to think about designing your website for mobiles as well.
Just imagine if someone is on a tour and need to know about the famous tourist spots of that place; if your site provides this information and if you are available on mobiles as well, the user will simply be delighted to get the data then and there and will refer to your site repeatedly. According to different surveys, people tend to access internet in an increasingly varied range of devices of which mobile is the one. So if you don’t want to lose a huge number of potential customers, make your website mobile friendly today.
Here are useful tips to get you started –
- Remember, that mobile web design is completely different than normal web design. So make sure that you hire the best mobile web design firm you can find. Check whether they provide trained and experienced professionals who have a fair idea about all the possible aspects of mobile website design.
- It is important to provide a simpler lay out for the mobile web design. Usually wireless connections are not so fast like the other ones. The design and navigation options should be absolutely uncomplicated, e.g., a single column will look better in the small screen than the layout with multiple columns.
- Provide the option of tapping instead of clicking in your mobile website. Professional mobile web designers prefer to use large buttons or icons instead of clickable links. Make sure that the users find it easy and enjoyable while accessing your website via mobile.
- As you cannot provide all the details like that of the normal website, be careful while selecting the content for your mobile website. Present all the important information that you want your customers to see on the top of the page like navigation and search.
- Make sure that there are not such images that cause delay in loading the website. Avoid the background images as they can cause problem in reading. Try to use little images like icons with small size.
- It is advisable to not to use forms on mobile sites as they cause confusion among the readers. You can use lists and buttons which they can choose from according to their requirements.
- Make sure that your website works offline as well. The customers may not get internet access all the time. If your site is enabled to operate offline as well, the customers can get the relevant information anytime they want.
- Include an option to go to the regular website in the mobile site itself for interested people. Always offer users to switch back to ‘normal mode’.
Well, these are some tips to help you with regarding mobile web design that can earn you the expected results.
Kenneth Parkar the contributor writes article on different topic related to digital marketing like, seo, web design, e-commerce solutions etc.