WordPress is one of the most popular blogging and CMS software. More than 80% of blogs run on WordPress. Although it’s very easy to install and run, but still many people struggle to install and setup WordPress. People who use a automated script to install WordPress find it super easy but for those who has no auto installer in their hosting package face a tough time getting the WordPress work. So in this article we will talk about How to install WordPress which will be a guide for beginner to start their blogging journey.
Typically we can install WordPress using below two methods. If you are using shared hosting you will have the opportunity to install WordPress using auto installer but for VPS and dedicated server, manual method is the only option.
- Using auto installer.
- Using Manual methods
- How To Install WordPress Using Auto Installer
- How To Install WordPress Using Manual Method
- Step 1: Download WordPress
- Step 2: Upload WordPress to Hosting Account
- Step 3: Create MySQL Database and User
- Step 4: WordPress Installation
- Step 5: Click on continue and enter information needed
- Step 6: Create Config File
- Step 7: Enter Information
- Step 8: Enter database details
- Step 9: Verification
- Step 10: Admin Information
- Wrapping Up !
How To Install WordPress Using Auto Installer
Auto Installer is a script which automates the process of installing any web software. Usually if you want to install any web software like WordPress, you need to create a database, connect the database to your WordPress installation, setting back up options and so many other tasks. Auto Installer does everything for you with a single click. Thus less chances of making any error and any newbie also can install WordPress using auto installer.
C Panel is the most popular and widely uses web control panel. It comes with an auto installer. However many web hosting company which offers ” WordPress Hosting” as a separate package, may come with their own installer package. The procedure to install WordPress in this scenario will vary from host to host. You should check with individual hosting company help files to figure out how you can install WordPress. In this article, we will just concentrate on how to install WordPress in C Panel or Plesk using auto installer.
How To Install WordPress Using C Panel
C panel is the default control panel for 99% of shared web hosting. It comes bundled with an auto installer named ” Softaculous“. Softaculous automates the process of installing WordPress and with a single click you can install WordPress or any other web software.
The detail procedure of installation is mentioned below.
- Login to C Panel
- Look for WordPress icon under Softaculous auto installer.
- Click Install Now
- Choose the WordPress version that you want install ( Prefer to install the latest version)
- Choose the protocol, domain and the folder where you want to install WordPress. ( This cant be changed later)
- Enter the site name and description under ? Site Settings? ( Those details can be changed later)
- Enter information for admin account
- If you want to install WordPress in different language other than English, select the desired language from the drop down menu.
- You can select to install two important plugin .
- Under Advanced option you can change database, upgrade and backup option . ( Don?t change anything unless you are sure what you are doing)
- Select the theme. ( This can be changed later)
- Click Install ( You can enter your email ID if you want the admin details to be sent to your email ID)
- That’s all. You are done
It will take about a minute to install WordPress and at the end you will be shown two different link like below.
Your installation of WordPress is now complete. You can now login to your WordPress admin and start customizing.
How To Install WordPress Using Manual Method
You need to install WordPress using manual method in case of VPS and Dedicated server where generally C panel option is not provided. Even though if they provide C panel, the cost is very high and many people does not opt for that.
Please follow below steps to install WordPress if you are using a control panel other than C panel . I am using CentOS web control panel for this artcle
Step 1: Download WordPress
1. Download the WordPress package to your local computer from http://wordpress.org/download/? ?
2. Unzip the downloaded file to a folder on your local computer.
Step 2: Upload WordPress to Hosting Account
There are two available options for uploading WordPress to a hosting account.
Upload via FTP You can use FileZila software for FTP
Step 3: Create MySQL Database and User
WordPress stores its information in a database. Therefore, a database will need to be created.
- Login to your account (http://your-server-ip:2030) using root details (User: root password: you_know_it_better).
- Navigate to SQL Service ?> MySQL Manager and there on top you will see option Create Database and User.
- New Database for user: For which website this database will be used.
- Database Name: Enter database name.
- Confirm New Password: Password for a database.
- Click Create Database and your database is ready to use
Step 4: WordPress Installation
Browse the http://domain.com/ (replace domain.com with your actual domain name here). First select the language of WordPress installation:
Step 5: Click on continue and enter information needed
Step 6: Create Config File
The first thing you will notice is a message, telling you that you don’t have a wp-config.php file and you should create one. Just click on the Create a Configuration File button to proceed.
Step 7: Enter Information
On this page you will see a message, asking you to prepare the necessary information for the installation. Since we already have this information, simply press the Go! button.
Step 8: Enter database details
Enter the details for your newly created MySQL database and press the Submit button
Step 9: Verification
WordPress will now check if your settings are correct. If you have entered all the necessary information, you will see a confirmation screen. Press the Run the Install button to proceed.
Step 10: Admin Information
On the next screen you will have to enter the information about your administrative username and the title of your new site. In addition, you can specify whether you’d want search engines to index your site or not. Once you fill in that information, press the Install WordPress button. Bear in mind, however, that you should specify a real email address. It can be later used in case you forget your password.
Finally, the installation is completed and you can login into WordPress using ‘DOMAINNAME.com/wp-admin‘
Wrapping Up !
There are many ways to install WordPress. These two methods are the most common methods that people follow. I am sure if you follow these two methods as per your type of hosting, there would be no issue in your WordPress installation.
That?s all I have in this article. Hopefully, you got some useful information in this article. If you have any questions, then do write in the comment section and I will be happy to answer you.
If you choose to connect with us through social media platform, then please follow us on?Facebook,?Twitter?or?Instagram.?You also have the option to carry BlogByts in your pocket using?BlogByts Android App.